Thursday, January 24, 2013

It took a lot for hoop jumping...a lot of one-step-forward-two-steps-back...but I finally managed to sign up for Twitter and download TweetDeck.  I've already found dozens of people and organizations I want to follow, and I'm beginning to build a Personal Learning Network of educators to help me boldly move into this vast cyberspace.

I'm anxious to see how useful this tool can be for a teacher.  As a newcomer to this sort of technology, it is reassuring to see that other teachers have gone before me, blazing a trail for me to follow.  As with most new things, I find myself questioning whether I am doing all this the right way.  I wonder, too, if there is such a thing as "the right way" to navigate the digital world at all.  Perhaps the truth is there are any number of right ways, and my task truly is to find MY right way.

Well, time to saddle up and ride the wild software.  I'll be lookin' for y'all out there on the range.  Happy trails!

6 comments:

  1. One thing I've learned so far is that I'm very wordy. It is hard for me to express myself in the short format of Twitter. It'll be a good discipline to adapt to the restrictions.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is the good thing about Twitter, tweets have to be to the point!

      Delete
  2. I like that they have the number count right below the text box. I have found myself going into the red and having to rethink my tweet.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Awesome, thanks! I sometimes have difficulty on my phone finding people if I don't have their exact name.

    ReplyDelete