Friday, January 18, 2013

My goal in earning my MET degree is to teach online, and one of my fears in online teaching is the challenge of teaching a large number of students in an online class. Individual attention is required, perhaps even more than in a traditional classroom, and the need to engage with students one-on-one can be, I imagine, pretty demanding.

I found a nice article from Faculty Focus that deals with managing high-enrollment online classes.  It's a good read, with very practical advice.

http://www.facultyfocus.com/articles/online-education/managing-high-enrollment-online-courses/

1 comment:

  1. Interesting article. Thanks for sharing! I think I might take one of the pointers. It is very challenging teaching online when you have a large group of students. Luckily, our current class isn't very big. I do teach another online class and have a full-time job! My life is a little crazy. Hope you are having a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete